Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant
This is a welcoming and inclusive primary school located in the heart of Birmingham who are dedicated to providing a nurturing and stimulating environments for all pupils, including those with Special Educational Needs. They are excited to offer a unique opportunity for a passionate Psychology graduate to join their SEN team as a Teaching Assistant, focusing on supporting SEN children. Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Provide tailored support to SEN children, both individually and in small groups, to help them access the curriculum and reach their full potential.
- Work closely with the SENCo and class teachers to implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and adapt teaching strategies to meet the specific needs of each child.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of resources and activities that cater to various learning abilities within the classroom.
- Collaborate with external specialists and professionals, such as Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Educational Psychologists, to provide holistic support for SEN students.
- Observe and record the progress and development of SEN children, providing feedback and insights to the SENCo and teachers.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment, promoting social and emotional well-being for all students.
- Participate in training sessions and workshops related to SEN support.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in psychology or a related field (2:1 or higher).
- Passion for working with children, especially those with Special Educational Needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Empathy, patience, and adaptability in supporting the diverse needs of SEN children.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Previous experience working with SEN children or in an educational setting is desirable but not essential.
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant to our team and working together to support the educational journey of these SEN children.The Education Network Offer:
Our specialist team have a combined experience of over 25 years and have unrivalled reputation within the education market, taking great pride in the extremely high service levels that we provide to both our schools and our candidates. Our service is honest and efficient and, in addition to our recruitment solution, we offer the opportunity for additional training and development for our candidates. You will also receive personalised career support from the team.
The opportunity to work in friendly, caring and supportive atmosphere where every child matters. Highly supportive, committed and hard working Consultants who will endeavor to find assignments suited to your needs.
An opportunity to extend your professional development as well as excellent rates of pay.
The Education Network is committed to safe guarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, including enhanced DBS checks and references.-
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance standards. Any appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check in addition to other safeguarding checks. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the expected high-volume of applications we receive only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 days.